HOW TO INSTALL AND PLAY
1. Find your Starcraft II/Maps main directory folder (probably in C:/Program Files by default) – IF THE MAPS FOLDER DOES NOT EXIST YOU MUST CREATE IT
2. Create a folder within that Maps folder called “LifeForce” (Spelled EXACTLY like this)
3. Put all map files (01Gen, 02Prud, etc.) into the Starcraft II/Maps/LifeForce folder you just made
4. Open 01Gen with the editor (just double-clicking should do it)
5. File > Test Document to play!
IF YOU DON’T PUT THE FILES IN THIS FOLDER, YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO SAVE
AND THE CAMPAIGN UPGRADES WILL NOT WORK.
If you get a small warning text box with green text and a bunch of “WARNINGS” after opening map file:
Close this window. Those errors won’t affect anything. (They are overwritten textures for custom units, if you’re curious.)
If you load the map through the editor and it’s just flat, blank land:
1. Open your newly created LifeForce folder where all your map files are
2. DRAG the file itself into flat, blank land area – that will load the mission onto the editor
That should do the trick!!
Any problems? Contact:
Bilxor, AKA Bill Wheeler